Tuesday, January 19, 2016

First finishes of 2016

If I finished 2015 in a mammoth way, I started 2016 with some small simple projects. This Christmas I decorated my home in all manner of reindeer, which gave me the idea to draw a deer head and use the motif in a couple of items. I have had some deer print fabric in my stash for a few years now so naturally I gravitated towards this. Using the template I added this to the front of a simple bag design with a pocket on the back.

 

Then I thought how great would this look on a bright print on linen, so I dug out a bright Kaffe Fassett print and added it to a natural linen for a modern cushion cover. It was great fun playing around with the design. I made both of these items over the last weekend.

Tonight I slipped the last stitch I to the binding on my Farmers wife quilt, as I have been making this since 2011. The binding took me two nights stitching, and in between the dogs thought it was nice to snuggle in while it was in the sofa so I think a wash is in order so I will take some photos of the completed quilt this weekend. Here is the flimsy before the quilting began. why do my pets like to sit on my quilts.? This is a Joey isn't he stunning.

So feeling pretty pleased with myself to have three finishes under my belt for 2016. And looks what's sitting in the pipeline to be quilted..... A sampler quilt from my block of the month club.

 

3 comments:

  1. Love your deer finishes Sue and the quilts as well. My cat loves to sit on my projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely reindeer projects Sue. Your Farmer's Wife is a wonderful effort x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of finishes so you're off to a great start! I find I have a dog on my quilts faster than I can lay them on the ground!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.