Sunday, January 3, 2016

Farewell 2015

It seems every time I get into blogland I say how it's been a long time and it truly has been. I popped on to my blog today to check when I started my farmers wife quilt as I have recently completed the flimsy and realised its been almost 6 months since I last put up a post.

Wow my  Farmers wife quilt was started in November 2011 - Last night I pinned it all ready to begin the quilting process. I feel so liberated knowing it's almost done.


I plan to just quilt in the ditch around each block to make them stand out. Nice and simple as its huge and I only have a domestic sewing machine.

Today I also finished the snapshots quilt flimsy, done as an online BOM and as a sew along via Facebook. It certainly helped me stay on track. I have really enjoyed making these fun blocks the car is my favourite and I can see a whole quilt of them in my future.


My first finish for 2016 was turning a sashiko stitchery into something. I purchased this pattern in a trip to Hawaii last August and stitched it during the plane ride home.  The turtle fabric was from some fat quarters that I also picked up in Hawaii.

It makes a nice cushion to decorate my outdoor furniture.


Other finishes in the second half of 2015 are

Fox garden, a Christmas gift for my granddaughter Willow.


Great granny squared


Little red baskets from block swaps collected in 2013


Earlier I mentioned a trip to Hawaii, so I will end this post with a picture of me taken after I had swam under a waterfall on the big Island near Hilo.  A highlight of the trip.


Quilted hugs and Happy New years, Sue x

7 comments:

  1. Love the fabrics you used for your Farmers Wife blocks. Congrats on the finish, also for the Snapshot one. I am six blocks behind.
    The cushion looks great and Willows quilt is sew cute.
    Granny Squares and red baskets are lovely too.
    Nice photo .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue, lovely to see your face pop up in blogland again! happy 2016 to you!
    wow congrats, your Farmers Wife looks amazing, I love the colours... Snapshots looks wonderful too, lots of amazing work going on at your machine♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing! You work, manage a bunch of swaps and do all this fantastic sewing. So awesome! Hawaii dreaming for me today. You?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishes, love the fox quilt and the turtle cushion....I still have a pattern and fabric for a project I brought in Hawaii, on our honeymoon ten years ago, this reminded me that I must dig it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue so glad to see your blog updated. I enjoy seeing what you have been working on. So many pretty quilts. I like them all, my favorite is the red baskets.



    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue so glad to see your blog updated. I enjoy seeing what you have been working on. So many pretty quilts. I like them all, my favorite is the red baskets.



    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely finishes there. I've was missing in action in 2015 too and now that we're all settled in our new place I'm hoping to get some serious sewing done, although it hasn't happened so far!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.