Sunday, July 19, 2015

It's been a long time

Wow, has it really been that long since I have done a blog post, I keep meaning to, then things happen and I get busy.

since my last post I have had a couple of new finishes, the most recent is this gorgeous jelly roll,quilt designed by Camille Rosekelly, called think Big. This is from her book simplify and I just wanted to do something with my stash of jelly rolls. As always when I take a photo of a quilt one of my pets, mostly Robbie, thinks they need to be in the photo.

I have also played along in a swap, the challenge was to make a table runner with a pack of charm squares, this is what I came up with. the cream linen look strips gave me the chance to practice my feather quilting.

 

I have also made another owl quilt, this time in lime green.

probably the biggest finish of all is my row along quilt, I was determined to finish this before I got stuck into Lori Holts farm girl. The flimsy was finished in 2014, the quilt was finished last month.

On the non sewing front hubby and I have just finished renovating a unit, here are some pics of the after, it was an original 1960s decor before we got out hands on it. Our new tenants moved in this week, let's hope they look after it for us.

 

 

And only four weeks to our annual vacation, hard to believe it's almost a year since we were in Europe. This year we are spending two weeks In Hawaii and are so looking forward to escaping winter.

Having said that it was a beautiful day in Adelaide today, but for chilly as the sun dropped, we spent the day with two our our gorgeous Grandies Jack and Nate at the zoo.

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Yes the pets like to photo bomb our quilts...LOL
    Great Jelly Roll Quilt and your table runner looks lovely. You did some nice feathers on it.
    Always love that Owl Quilt.
    The unit looks very fresh and clean. Good job!
    WOW! Your GS s have grown heaps. Always a fabulous outing at the zoo.
    Have a relaxing holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great finishes there, love the first quilt made from the jelly roll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have been really busy Sue with all sorts of things.... love the quilts and great feather quilting....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.