Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Busy busy a new baby and a Birthday

LETS GET STITCHED 

Wow, more than a month has gone by since I last blogged, and so much has happened.
Lots of fun was on 6th, 7th and 8th March as I traveled to Brisbane to join in with my bloggy friends at Let's get stitched, this is my third time at this event and this year I got to meet a few more friends face to face.

My roomie was the lovely Sheryl Scholte, and we had a lot of laughs and a few D&Ms. Now I forgot to take my camera and my phone was not taking pics properly so I have had to steal a few from the face book page. You may have seen some of these already.

My dear bloggy friends, Cheryll, Fiona and my darling roomie Sheryl
I also got to finally meet for the first time, Cheryll Shannon, Michelle Ridgeway, and Fiona Robinson.

Chez and I at dinner on the first night in Brisbane
Fiona and I finally got to meet on the stitching Sunday 
With De, Marilyn, Michelle and Vicki outside a vintage shop on the shopping bus tour 
All the gals on the Sunday stitching day 
Shopping heaven

Even though the event is called let's get stitched, not a lot of sewing seems to get done, Friday was a bus tour to quilting shops, followed by a pizza and games night in the evening.  Here I am spring in a quilt shop with a few treasures..I have some great ideas for the lavender print fabric

SEWING 

On the sewing front I have finished my map of Australia quilt for my dear friend Leanne. I first met Leanne when I was about 20 years old when I moved to Newcastle (from Adelaide) to join my husband who had joined the army and was posted there, I never knew a soul and was lonely and a long way from home. Leanne turned up at my home not long after we moved in with a chocolate cake.

We have been friends ever since that day. Leanne and her husband have just bought a caravan and plan to tour Australia, and wanted me to design a quilt for her to take that she could sew badges on from her travels. This is what I came up with for her.

Happy travels 

I had never sewn with batiks before so the whole experience was new for me. I popped this in the mail to Leanne today, I am so excited to send it to her.  I still have to make a couple of matching cushions to go with this quilt.

I have also done a few little sewing projects for myself. I have managed to complete block one and two in the snaps shots quilt along

lets eat cake
Lets sew
I have also managed to complete a cute little project from one of the patterns given out at let's get stitched. It's a binder cover with clever little pockets for to keep essentials in with your stitching projects.  It was was designed by Teresa.

outside view
inside
NEW BABY

Now I can't end this post without any baby photos, the most joyous one is my newly arrived grand daughter Athena. this is my sons third little one, baby sister for Leo and Athena. How good does Katherine look for some one that has just had a baby only moments ago,

Just moments old with daddy ( my son Jarrod) and his lovely wife Katherine  
Proud Nana Sue gets to meet Athena

BIRTHDAY

My daughter Sheree also turned 30 last month, here she is on her special day with Willow.
We had a lovely party for her in a private room at a local hotel, it was on a Sunday afternoon and it was just a perfect day,  Sheree had all her friends and family there.  I cant believe my baby girl is 30 already

Willow has her eye on the salted caramel cup cakes
 Well that's me up to date, sorry it was a long post, I really need to blog more often.

**  **  **
 But I can't stop without sharing this picture of Willow, such concentration.



8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all on the arrival of the new precious baby girl...
    Happy Birthday to your DD and Willow is such a cutie...
    What a great quilt you make for your special friend.
    Love your Snapshot Blocks..
    I did see on other blogs that you all had a fabulous fun time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the new granddaughter! Both she and Willow looks like real darlings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to meet you and spend time Sue. Beautiful family and big congrats to all on baby Athena. Willow is just gorgeous. Love all your stitching projects xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WooHoo & ConGRaTs Nanna Sue... xox
    Gorgeous little arrival and I'm sure much loved little sister.
    Happy birthday to your baby as well.
    Yes we are all getting older... but there is still some life left in us isn't there...lol xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a ball at Lets Get Stitched Sue. Love your gorgeous sewing projects. you always have something lovely on the go. Congrats on your beautiful new granddaughter

    ReplyDelete
  6. sue the newest little Athena is just too sweet and lovely pics of the others.... just so cuddly.... I do love your Australia quilt ... I have since I saw the first pics... It was just lovely to meet you and looks like you made the most of the 4 days...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on grandbaby Athena! I also love that shot of Willow concentrating. Strikes me she would make a great quilter with that level of concentration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! How lovely to have a new granddaughter. I love her name. I saw the photo you posted of the Australia quilt in your friend's camper and it looks just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.