Saturday, February 7, 2015

A mighty finish. ( or 3)

This quilt was started in 2012, it was a BOM From the fat quarter shop, so with 12 blocks it took 12 months to make + plus the time it took me to add on the borders. I bought the backing fabric, and there is sat in my closet for over a year.

I finally took it to the long arm quilters a few weeks ago, and got it home yesterday. Here it Is being tested on my bed. I also made a cushion to match, so will pop that on the bed when I use it. doesn't it look great with my new shutters and freshly painted blue walls.

Here is a close up of the quilting. Big swirly flowers and leaves that don't detract from the overall design. I finished stitching the binding tonight so it's officially completed.

My other recent finish is Hazel hedgehog, which you saw pinned ready to quilt in my last post. I loved how this one turned out.

I have also recently had a custom order for yet another owl quilt, I think this one has been my favorite. I like the strong primary colours I used in the owls which matched the border fabric perfectly.

Quite some time ago I received a gift of Lori Holts great granny squared book from Ruth Fisher, a lady in Idaho USA who is a member of my swap group.

I had these flower sugar fqs in my stash, and added a few more colours and am pleased that I have finished 16 blocks. Here I am road testing the final lay out. Next to sash them. I love the bright colours and had so much fun making these blocks.

Well that's a lot of quilting, I am happy with my progress so far on getting UFO's done, but have to admit that I have been naughty and signed up for a new BOM. Well New Years resolutions are meant to be broken aren't they?

 

7 comments:

  1. All the quilts are so colourful and gorgeous... You are on a roll Sue!
    Good luck finishing your UFOs too... Xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finishes.. And a UFO off the list.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks beautiful on your bed...
    Yes the colours in this owl quilt are gorgeous and I love your Hedgehogs and granny squares too...
    You have been very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you have completed a couple of UFO's your allowed new starts...thats the "rule"!! Love the granny squares, the colours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh lots of lovely quilts to look at....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the quilts are gorgeous, Sue. Great finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, any New Year resolution regarding sewing/fabric/ufo's etc is definitely going to get broken!!
    Lovely your Granny blocks, so pretty... & well done on finishing the BOM, it looks amazing, congrats... x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.