Sunday, January 18, 2015

January finish and promise to self

Most years I sign up for at least one, and often two BOM's and they can be quite costly when you work it all out. This year I have decided not to sign up for any. My only diversion to this is a Tilda club that I joined in November, which is a little package of Tilda goodies every two months which also includes a small project.

Instead I have vowed to myself to get the UFO s under control and also to make some quilts using fabrics already in my stash. I also have quite a number of blocks collects from my swaps I QBSA that need to be made into quilts.

finish #1 for 2015 is one if those quilts, made entirely from blocks collected in QBSA. My request in these swaps was any modern block in aqua, orange grey and white. At the time of saving these blocks my daughter and her partner were building a new home and Sheree wanted to decorate the casual living area in a beachy tropical scheme, and this quilt was for her.


I quilted it simply in random width straight lines in groups of three cross hatch style. I am very pleased with how it looks and Sheree and Sam loved it.

Today I have been sorting through my other QBSA blocks and have a few to put together.
I have also started a couple of quilts using fabrics from my stash, first one is tail feathers in several fig tree ranges. I had a jelly roll and layer cake and am using a mix of both in this quilt. I started it some time late last year, possibly in October. It's my sitting by the tv stitchery project.






The second start from my stash is the great granny squared. I was gifted this book from Ruth, a lady from Idaho who is a member of QBSA, and decided to make this using my flower sugar fat quarters. I on,y starred this quilt last week. I have to confess however that I have ordered a few more if these fat quarters in other colours to make the quilt more scrappy.


Lastly I have almost finish the Hazel Hedgehog quilt for my newest granddaughter who is due in February. This is pinned today ready for quilting.



But for now I have other more important things to keep me busy, as Willow has come for visit as mummy and daddy have gone to watch the Adelaide 36ers basketball.





6 comments:

  1. Willow is gorgeous. Your projects are lovely too

    ReplyDelete
  2. so many gorgeous projects there Sue - love the colours combo of the qbsa quilt!
    but of course the best project is spending time with darling Willow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sue! That hedgehog quilt is ADORABLE (and so is little Willow!). I also love the colors of your QBSA quilt. Hugs, Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue you have some really lovely quilts there... it will be so fun getting them done... Little Willow is so cute ...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! So nice to have a baby to cuddle....hmmm and to make a quilt for ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work Sue...some wonderful projects on the go. Willow is gorgeous and a joy to watch I'm sure! Xox

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.