Thursday, January 1, 2015

Goodbye 2014, Hello 2015

Gosh, that year has flown by. I have been trying to post one update a month but whoopsie, I missed December.

A few little finishes for December to show first. My lovely Tilda seaside doll, I have called her seaside Sally. I have started a new love affair with Tilda and have a couple of other doll kits to make up in the coming months.


Continuing my new love affair with a Tilda I have joined the a Tilda club and completed project one and two.

project one is a pyramid pin cushion.


Project two and armchair sewing caddy.

I have also mustered up a couple of pretty cushions from layer cake left overs and some matching fat quarters. The fabric is by Fig tree designs, one of my favourites, I love the soft apricots and greens.


Wrapping up 2014 it was a whopper of a year....

In January I took a risk leaving my full time job and taking on a 9 month maternity contract. But this week it has rewarded me with being offered a full time position in my new company commencing today.

Travel was amazing with my Month in Europe in September, a dream holiday that exceeded my expectations, this was to celebrate 20 years of marriage to my darling husband Sergio.

Getting my first quilt pattern published in April, and making a magazine cover in November both very exciting on the quilting front.

And last but not least was the birth of darling Willow, my daughters first baby, and grand baby number 8 for me, even more special to be present at her birth. Here she is enjoying her first Christmas.


So what's in store for 2015?

Another new baby, yep grand daughter #four ( grandchild #9) is coming sometime late February to my son and his wife, a new baby sister to Leo and Ziva. So a quilt is in construction for her with a cute hedgehog design

More on the sewing front I have a pattern being published later in the year, which I am  not allowed to say more about,  only that it's a sweet tote bag, my first bag design.

I have not signed up for any BOM's ( I normally do at least 2 a year) but instead plan to get my UFO's under control. I have two ready to quilt. The one below was pinned this week and is made from blocks collected in my swap group.  I hope to get this quilted in the next few days / week.


I also have three other quilt tops completed ready to quilt so I will be busy getting those ticked off the list. (Fat quarter shop mystery BOM from 2013, girls day out also from 2013 and the row along quilt from 2014).

I have a massive pile of block swap blocks to assemble I to quilts, and a few other partly completed BOM's to finish off and in between all of this I plan to make a few little Tilda projects.

I look forward to seeing what everyone else is creating. 
Happy 2015 everyone ....xx  


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like one busy year to another dear friend!! Everything you make is gorgeous - and with these, you have not disappointed!!! May this coming year bring you more blessings that you can treasure!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year, hope 2015 brings you time to finish some quilty projects and more precious time with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope 2015 is as much fun as 2014 was x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've certainly had a wonderful 2014, Sue. Your Tilda projects are gorgeous. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue - wow lots of good things in your life in 2014, I hope more joys are to come in 2015!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.