Monday, November 17, 2014

More UFO's completed

I started this teddy wall hanging in November 2012 without any real ambition to work on it with only a bit of stitchery done here and there.

On a mission to complete some long term projects this year I took the last few stitchery pieces to Europe with me to do while relaxing. Here it is some where in the middle of the Mediterranean.

I am pleased to say that tonight i stitched the last stitch in the binding, just in time to hang it up for this Christmas ( knocking off another long term UFO).

 

Another little UFO of sorts is this little red work stitchery cushion. I bought the pattern on a quilting trip in 2013, and the heart fabric and heart trim ( also used in the teddy wall hanging) were purchased in a quilting trip to Melbourne in March earlier this year.

I have also been making cushions for my grand daughter Willow to decorate her nursery, here are the three that I have made so far.

last but not least is my new love, Tilda. Last weekend I made my first ever Tilda doll, the ice skating angel. I have ordered another doll pattern as I had so much fun making this, as well as some Tilda books one being a Christmas one. I am looking forward to making some little gifts and Christmas decorations.

 

7 comments:

  1. Love your xmas wallhanging Sue - such a cute design. In fact love all your newly finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Sue on finishing those long-lost projects! (I need to do that too!)
    Tilda looks so gorgeous - was she fiddly? - I'm sure she'll love to have some friends when you make some more dolls... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all so gorgeous Sue!! I admire your ability to keep on top of your stitching and sewing, especially with such a demanding job!!! I wish I had that level of organisation and tenacity!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned into a nice Christmas wall hanging. Congrats on the finish. I know what it is like to have things hanging around for so long waiting to be done. Love the cushions and the doll too. I like making dolls and wish I knew more people to give them to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas quilt is lovely, Sue. You've done a lovely job on your cushions and Tilda doll.

    ReplyDelete
  6. all gorgeous projects..... so different and so lovely...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Sue... you've been busy on some wonderful projects. Gotta LoVe the "teddy" xmas hanger. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.