Monday, November 3, 2014

A busy weekend.

I have spent a very busy weekend crafting of all sorts. On Friday as I waited at home for any spooky visitors to treat with candy I stitched the binding on my Swoon quilt. This has been a WIP for more than12 months, in fact I cannot remember exactly when I started it. It is quilted all over with big loopy feathery type patterns on my domestic Bernina. The fabric is Paris flea markets by 3 sister which was a fat quarter set I had in my stash. I complimented this with a creamy all over rose tone on tone fabric.



Then I spent most of the weekend giving my bedroom furniture a make over. We are revamping our bedroom and have ordered timber plantation shutters for the bay window. I wanted a soft shabby chic look, ( we have had Baltic pine for the past 15 years or so).

I had heard about chalk paints, and one of my girlfriends had recently done up an old telephone table and I was keen to give it a try. Paints were ordered and Gillian came over for the day. Here are the before shots, I forgot to photograph them in my room before I started.

Here is the finished result. I am so pleased with how they turned out.



Then on Sunday I was hooked so I decided that the hall table would look better in blue ( the white has a blue coat underneath and I still had half a tin of paint left ).

Robbie is always up for a photo opportunity, usually it's sitting on a newly completed quilt.


How good does this look. And the whole lot was done in a weekend in my garage. I am on the hunt for my next painting project, would love an old beat up dresser for my sewing room to then fill with pretties.

4 comments:

  1. OMG Sue, your Swoon looks gorgeous - suits the new theme of your room so well - every one of these quilts I see makes me want to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on a decorating roll, are you going to make a quilt to go with the "new" hall furniture! Love swoon quilts, your quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt.. so pretty and your quilting is perfect for it... and a great makeover..... so quick too...well worth it...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WoW Sue... it looks fantastic...
    No wonder you are so pleased with it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.