Monday, June 9, 2014

Catching up

Public holidays are a great time to catch up on almost anything.

First we were surprised this morning by a phone call from my son, he had just dropped his wife at work and was dropping in with the Grandies, Ziva and Leo, lovely. They joined us for a cooked breakfast and then we took the dogs for a walk on the beach, I never took my phone or camera so no photos.

I also managed to finish this quilt last night, just in time for my daughter Sheree's baby shower next Sunday. Here is a pic of me testing the size in a cot - perfect.

It is backed in snugly fleece.

So simple, and so sweet. It's hard to see but the panels have an array if zoo animals, other than the centre spotty chevron, Sheree wanted this one as her nursery will have a hint of mint green.

I am so far behind with all of my sewing projects, so this afternoon, after pruning the rose bushes ( because some one once told me that's to be done on the queens birthday weekend), I spent the rest of today in the sewing room.

I am three months behind on my medallion civil war BOM, and I am pleased that I got two months worth done, these two nine inch blocks.

And a mitred corner border for the large centre panel, the 9 inch blocks will be on point around this centre square. I had to be careful to keep the directional print the same way, there was one seam of reverse sewing.

I am pretty pleased with my mitred corners.

I also got my June block swap block completed.

Well that's me up to date, I still have two other BOM's that are behind but I think I made a good dent in this today.

Now I am going to settle in to some hand stitching for the evening, I have designed my first ever stitchery and am working in that. Here is a sneaky peek.

Have a lovely week, whatever you are doing.

 

6 comments:

  1. So much loveliness in this post. Can't wait to see the finished stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely little quilt and blocks.... sometimes I find it easier to do a couple of blocks at one time ... when in the right frame of stitching mood! looking forward to seeing your lovely stitchery..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue - wow they are lovely projects there - the baby quilt looks gorgeous, well done...
    Enjoy all those birthday fq's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby is going to be very snuggly and warm. Beautiful blocks too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt, so beautiful and soft. It will make a baby very happy.
    Don't miss my giveaway, just visit my blog to enter.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved seeing Baby's quilt...I have often looked at the Medallion Civil War quilt...too many projects to finish...Regards, O'faigh

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.