Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I had a birthday

Firstly, thank you to everyone that left gorgeous comments on my last post, sorry I have not replied to you all as life was very hectic personally and professionally over the last few weeks, I am hoping we are back to normal now.

Last Friday was my 51st birthday, so now I am clearly 50 something years old. Hmmm not sure how I feel about being in the second half of a century.

Thank you to all of the beautiful ladies that sent me fat quarters and numerous other gifts and cards for my birthday in Cheryl's birthday club. Here is a collage of the gifts and I hope I have not forgot to photograph any of them.

I plan on making new cushions for my lounge room in this colour way so stay tuned for he pics of those! (hopefully sooner rather than later.)

As you know my birdhouse wall hanging was in the May homespun, look how beautifully they photographed it.

This arrived home yesterday and now i proudly have it displayed on the wall in my sewing room.

I have another quilt in homespun in September, but they are very secret squirrel about projects so I cannot tell you anything.

I also have two designs in country' threads in November, a wall hanging with a matching quilt that I have called vintage caravans. I am allowed to show you a sneaky peek of that one.


My daughter Sheree is expecting a little girl in August, so I have set to work on a chevron quilt with a giraffe theme for her. ( the nursery is giraffe themed). I have also got my knitting needles out and am loving knitting little things. Here is a cardigan in progress.


All I need to do to finish it off now is sew in the other sleeve and front panel and knit the button bands. I have a yummy apricot bamboo blend to start another little jacket.

Two weeks ago was my hubby's annual awards night, and it am so proud if him. The awards were for the top performers at elders real estate for SA/NT and he was awarded elite status and ranked third in the state.


Doesn't he look suave in his tuxedo, all he needs now is a martini :)

Well that's me up to date, quilted hugs, Sue x

8 comments:

  1. it is a wonderful achievement to be in your second half century .. so enjoy x You have certainly been busy x LOVE the bird house x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Sue and I love the pic of you and hubby and boy how good that you have so many things being published,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post. So glad you had a great birthday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post Sue you must be very proud of your hubby right now, glad to hear you had a great day for your birthday :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy be-lated Birthday to you!
    May the year ahead be special with good health, happiness and many new special memories made! :)
    The picture of you & your husband is just lovely! A beautiful couple!
    Congrats to him on his work!
    Blessings~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I love your birdhouse quilt- totally adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue you are doing so amazing with your designs ... and they are lovely and fresh and different... well done and glad you had such a fun birthday.... I think the 50's are wonderful.... well done to your hubz too...you make a lovely couple...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely post Sue... Congrats on several items... Enjoy being over 50...it's great! Xox

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.