Monday, May 5, 2014

Doing a happy dance.

I can officially call myself a quilt designer now as my first design went to publication this week. I have not yet got my hands on a copy of Homespun, but I was alerted to the fact that it was out when a friend sent me a congratulations on face book. So here it is....

I called this spring scrap buster, as I used up my strip scraps for the birdhouses in the quilt, but then all of the appliqué is scraps, I never purchased a shred of fabric to make the quilt it was all from my stash which to me is he beauty if fun wall quilts like this. Homespun have renamed it "flying colours" in the magazine.

My other big finish this week was a custom order from my etsy store. The lady sent me this picture, and asked me to design a quilt incorporating the owl border on my popular owl quilt.

And this is what I came up with for her, it was posted today, I hope she likes it

 

Now that out of the way, I have a vintage caravan quilt to quilt for another magazine design, and I have my daughters baby shower in 5 weeks time so I need to get a move on with her quilt.

 

14 comments:

  1. A big week for you Sue! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sue.. Will go to news agency tomorrow and see if they have a copy of Homespun.. YEH!!!!!
    Love the Owl quilt , great fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Sue. Love your hanging. Gorgeous owl quilt. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute bird houses (love log cabins) and more cute owls! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Sue. How exciting for you to be published. I love the owl quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done Sue, I think your pattern is lovely... I adore those 'log cabin' birdhouses...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats Sue,lol now i have a famous friend,your designs are wonderful and so pleased to see them getting published,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh congrats to you Sue. Your wall hanging looks fantastic too!
    I had better get your autograph while I can afford it...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE that owl quilt. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Sue a beautiful wall hanging..... the owl quilt is amazing too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Sue! That is so wonderful and such a sweet design too. Love your owl quilt....matches perfectly x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Sue....hope you have an awesome day....gorgeous owl quilt.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Sue and happy birthday for today as well ( the 23rd) :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.