Saturday, March 15, 2014

Some OPAM finishes

I was getting worried that I would not get anything completed this month, but then I received a custom order for a quilt, and I got stuck into that right away. My DIL's sister asked me to make a smaller version of my owl quilt for her to send to a friend in Canada that has just had a little boy.

This is the version that we came up with, and I am really pleased with how it turned out and love the colour palette that Tanya chose.


I also had a big sewing night last night and made a bag. This pattern is by Dawn Hay and was one of the patterns in our goody bag at Let's get stitched. I did some of the stitchery at LGS and finished it off at home. It's amazing how quick stitchery is when you use one thread. I used one of my new cottage garden threads called dog rose. I am loving these threads and have just signed up for their collectors club. It started in February, but I was still able to join up.

here is the Preston bag, I am so pleased with how it turned out and made it with a few fat quarters in my stash. The front panel has lots of handy pockets, and the back panel has two more.


I added in a mobile phone pocket to the lining, and also squared of the base of the bag so it sits flat and stands up. I did find it a bit of a challenge as I have only made two bags before, and never with lots of pockets.

I start my new job on Monday so my daughter ('who is a hairdresser ) gave me a new do, and fresh colour,ready for me to go back into the corporate world.


I have really enjoyed my month off and managed to get a lot of sewing time in.

8 comments:

  1. I love the owl quilt. And your bag Sue! How clever are you to have already finished it! It looks great. Love the new 'do'. Good luck for Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are becoming a wiz at making the cute owl quilt... Love the pretty bright colours.
    What a fabulous bag. Lots of great pockets. Wonder if it would be big enough for a swimming bag. I need a new one.
    You look lovely with your new do. How lucky to have such a talented DD to do your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sewing and you look gorgeous, ready for your new job. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations Sue. Love the new hair do too :) Good luck with the new job XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous owl quilt Sue and love your bag,enjoy your new job.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt and bag. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Owls in orange looks fantastic! Love the bag as well, think squaring off the bottom was a good idea. Enjoy the new do and new job, hope it all goes smoothly for your first week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous finishes Sue. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.