Tuesday, March 11, 2014

More lets get stitched

I am now Safe and sound at home, and reflecting on the fabulous weekend that was.
Stitching day was brilliant, and the anticipation of the goodies and guests awaiting us behind the curtains made us like giddy school girls and we were not disappointed. There were seven designers in total as you can see below.

Dawn Hay, Joy Coey, Vicki Tucek, Fiona Ransey, Marilyn Duncan, Jenny Reynolds, Vikki Columbine and ?.....


The big surprise was that Rosalie Quinlan was one of the guest designers, she is like a rock star in our world and it was lovely for her to sit at our table and spend time with us.


I was at the chatty table, with Mel from the house on the side if the Hill, Shez from enjoying life and Christine from Mc Donald's patch and some new sewing friends that are not bloggers, but blog readers.

 I have been friends with these three ladies online for quite a number of years, so it was a thrill to spend the entire day chatting with them face to face.

I did manage to get a little bit of stitching done, and Mel taught me how to make hexies. below is all that I accomplished during the day. I started on Dawn Hay's sweet bag as it had a stitchery panel and gave me the chance to learn hexies.
Our goodie bags were filled to the brim with gorgeous patterns, a homespun magazines and a charm square pack, so lots of fun stitching to do.
Today I played in my sewing room arranging all of my new treasures, this close up shows some of my pretty tins and trims and vintage inspired bits and bobs.
This is the top shelf of my fabric cupboard, below is a more distanced picture so you can see how it all ties in, so pretty. There are glass jars full of buttons on the shelf above as well as magazines and books.
I have also received another custom order for a mini version of my owl quilt, luckily I purchased some more owl fabric in Melbourne.
Only one week of leisure and I start my new job, so I hope to get lots of sewing time in this week.
Quilted hugs
Sue

8 comments:

  1. It was wonderful to spend the day with you. Fabulous purchases too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It was so lovely spending the day with you, Sue. What a lovely stash of goodies you brought home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW your shelf looks awesome! And yes those ladies are just the best company! Good to see you actually did some sewing/stitching too...lol. Perhaps at the next one we shall meet too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that sounds just like the perfect day...I'll have to have a word to Christine, Shez & Mel though, when we meet up in Ballan they say that they are the quiet table...I now have proof that this is still not the case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an amazing time; love the quote on your stitchery. Your sewing room looks awesome too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad we got to spend time together,its like we were old friends,and boy you got a lot done on sunday,i got about 1" of stitching done,lol,see you at the next one my friend ,and thankyou for your lovely company.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sue - what a wonderful time you all had and so many great tutors - lots of lovely goodies to stitch. Would have loved to have been there

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was great to see you again Sue. Love your display of treasures.

    hugs

    Gail

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.