Saturday, March 8, 2014

Let's get stitched Melbourne

( this is a long post)....,,

Here I am in Melbourne enjoying a fun filled weekend with a gorgeous bunch of ladies, some that I met at LGS last year, and others that I have known online for several years, but finally have the pleasure of meeting.

Yesterday was the bus tour with visits to some lovely quilting stores and lunch at Sassafras. Here's a few pictures from the day.

The tea pot shop

And here is my little bunch of lovely goodies purchased over the day. The adorable heart trim is red check, so cute, some lovely red fabric, a stitchery panel, and cottage garden thread. Lynette Anderson fabric, some owl fabric and a Dino pattern for me to make Grandies gifts. my only regret is that I did not purchase more stitchery patterns.

last night we had pizza night and games and wore our lovely name badges, we were each assigned a partner and had to secretly make a name badge for them.

My stunning badge was made for me by Michelle Armstrong from Hoki Quilts in New Zealand. we have ladies from every state of Australia here, as well as some from New Zealand.

Today was a day to do your own thing and relax or explore, so a bunch if us caught a tram into the city and played tourist. The first stop was an amazing little French inspired haberdashery store called Luccello's.

OMG , I could have spent hours in there. this is me with Narelle from far North Queensland and Sheryl from country Victoria. How divine are the bags, this pic shows both sides. We all look pretty pleased with ourselves.

this is the group shot.

Then we explored Federation square, and had lunch at South bank.

We passed the railway station, and popped into St Paul's cathedral.

 

Then we finished our city tour at the state library, taking in the beautiful La Trobe reading room.

Lastly, here is my stash if goodies from Luccello's

A vintage sewing kit, mini ric rac, two rolls of cotton ribbons ( one hearts, one birds )' some tape measure trim, hand painted buttons, a gorgeous French soap in a tin which smells divine, a fat quarter of French macaroon print fabric, and some red bias tape. I am in heaven.

Soon we are out to dinner,and then tomorrow is the big sewing day with seven designers present, such fun.

 

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you're all having a wonderful time, enjoy the rest of the stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! I'm so glad that you are all having a fantastic time and that you also managed to pick up some very gorgeous purchases too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun! Say hi to all the lovely ladies from me too! Enjoy your day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant day out. You chose the best places to visit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. What a great day you had.
    I was in town today too.
    I have spent the last 2 days there celebrating my birthday with 5 friends hot air ballooning, shopping & dinner.
    Then with my husband for our anniversary.
    Well done, such fun.
    Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Sue. You girls certainly did a lot over the last couple of days. Lovely purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely pics Sue - how I wish I was there with you :) Hi to Narelle & Sheryl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like you are having so much fun beyond the stitching!
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sue - wow it looks like you did some serious retail acquisitions while at LGS! Well done, so great to see so many happy faces, glad you had a good time x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! Sounds like a great trip......with some shopping too! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.