Sunday, March 30, 2014

Hexies and diamonds

Recently at let's get stitched I was shown the mystery of hexies, so I have been playing around with some this week and have made a couple of hexie flowers from scraps left over from recent projects.


The second one is made  using some William Morris fabric is my first attempt at fussy cutting them. I found it hard to get the template in exactly the same spot on each piece.

I am also half way through the custom order for the floral diamonds quilt. Here is half of it on my design board, I started on the second charm pack today and hope to complete the other half. I only have to make the flimsy as the customer wants to hand quilt this herself.


I can also show you a sneaky peek of my vintage caravan wall hanging that will be in Country Stitches Magazine later in he year. I also have a quilt to go with this wall hanging, the wall hanging is made from my sample block.


But it's really been all work and not much play for me, here is my new work photo for my business card, do you like it?


6 comments:

  1. Lol you are addicted to the hexes now Sue,love your new work pic.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be very careful as I believe hexes are addictive! Also your work pic looks great...and so does your quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice photo. You are lovely.
    I have to do dome Hexies for a quilt class I recently attended.
    I think they look lovely but do not like doing them. I do not want to get addicted

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes be careful as Hexies are very addictive..
    like your new look photo...

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely work and pretty fabrics.... have you seen those plastic hexagon templates that help in fussy cutting? I haven't got one but seen people use them and they look great... love your photo...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Smile...LOOKS like the smile of SUCCESS

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.