Sunday, March 23, 2014

Back to work reality ....

Reality has hit and this week I am back in the workforce, I have been zonking out every night so not much sewing to show this week. I am part way through these cute little initial stitchery it's designed by Jenny of Elefantz. Making them for my Grandies, I am not sure yet what I will turn them into.

Z is for Ziva
P is for Paige

I have a custom order for a quilt top for a lady in Switzerland from my Etsy store and she wants to quilt it herself .  This means that I only have to make the flimsy version of Samelias mum pattern fresh diamonds.  The customer chose the range "chance of flowers"  by Sandy Gervais for the quilt top.  This quilt is an easy one made with two charm packs and cream yardage. So today I have been string piecing the half square triangles, they look like mini bunting.


And trimming 72 half square triangles


Here is the lovely pile of fabric for my next project, a giraffe baby quilt for my daughter who is expecting in August. She is theming the nursery in giraffes.


Look at this cute pattern I found, I don't like the sun in the corner, so am going to pop in a branch with leaves on it in its place,


And I had a clean out of some boxes in my sewing room,and at the bottom of a box I found a pile of these blocks from a quilt I had starting making back when I first started quilting, probably around 2008.  I had completely forgotten about this.


I don't think I will make a quilt, but it will be enough to do a cute cushion, so I can whip that up in no time at all.

Well I better start sewing all those half square triangles together.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue! I love this post! :) Lucky grandbabies getting their initials. They are so cute! And I love chain piecing.. and the girrafe themed prints are so cute! My son had a jungle-y themed nursery, with giraffes sprinkled around, too. :) And what a fun project you found in hiding. Hope you're having a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stitcheries. Luv the find & the giraffes.
    Keeping busy

    ReplyDelete
  3. if thats you not doing much... wow! LOVE the giraffe x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the new job goes great ... The first couple of weeks can be exhausting ... Lovely sewing to play with ... I love giraffes ...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.