Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Le Jardin

I have completed my third custom order Le Jardin, which is a French garden quilt by Bunny Hill. I really enjoyed making this lovely pretty quilt and am very pleased with how it turned out.

The applique was done from a layer cake, Josephine by French General, and I added a some other French General fabrics from my stash. The backgrounds were cream fabrics from my stash and some French General yardage which I purchased with the French General border fabrics.

I



Now I have completed all of my custom orders I can get back into my own sewing projects. 
 Block one of Bertie's year is done.


Block two just needs the stitchery detail ( birds legs and eyes etc).



I made a big boo boo on this block. See how the points of the triangles are cut off on the top.
silly me stitched this row on upside down and only realised after I had done the fancy machine stitch on the border. It was impossible to unpick so I has to trim and just live with it.  These blocks are meant to be monthly minis, but I have decided that I am going to stitch them all together into one quilt.



I have also been doing some stitchery and have the first six blocks in a year of blooms done. 
 Block 7, sweet peas is also nearing completion.





Next Thursday I hop on a plane to go to Let's get stitched in Melbourne, I attended this fun retreat last year and it was lovely to meet face to face so many online bloggy friends, and I am so looking forward to this year.

Well, better get my skates on, I am off to meet the obstetrician with my daughter this morning, hoping to get a glimpse of he new baby in her tummy.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilt. Love your blocks.Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy Sue. Your quilt looks great. I'm looking forward to meeting you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue, loved catching up with your projects...Hugs, O'faigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your Le Jardin quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.