Sunday, January 12, 2014

secret squirrel sewing.

This week it seems that most of my sewing has been on projects that are a secret.

This big job is a quilt for Homespun magazine, I am not allowed to tell but here us a sneaky peek, sashing done and now it's on to the borders. I am loving this fabric range it is truly scrumptious. I don't think I should get in to trouble with posting this picture as you can't see more than he fabric range I have used.



I am also playing along with Cheryl and her Initial heart swap  now this could be for me couldn't it. You can also see that I have my mug rug for let's get stitched all drawn up ready to be stitched as well.


So, today I decided to start on a new project " for me".

 this is block one of Bertie's year, appliqué completed, just need to do the details. Bertie the bird features ever month in a different seasonal picture. As the BOM is from the USA block one is a winter scene. Each block makes a mini quilt for you to display in your home, so I may put this one up in July and follow the seasons from there. Or, I am contemplating that I may join them all together as one quilt. Time will tell. And no, it's not a ghost on the holly branch, it's a snowman, or at least it will be when I add the details :)



But before I settle into a lot of hand stitching this week I may just jump back into my sewing room to do another row in the row along quilt.  It's going to be a hot week all of the coming week in Adelaide with 41 predicted for tomorrow, so a good week to stay inside with the air conditioner on and sew.


I love the colour of these hydrangeas, they have to be one of my favorite flowers and always make me think of summer.  So what ever you are working on this week, if its hot, stay cool but if you are one of my Northern Hemisphere friends, then stay warm.

9 comments:

  1. Love your fabrics for the quilt. Mmm secret sewing lots happening around here at the moment. Happy hand stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the heart isn't heading my way (some lucky "S" person). You're certainly very busy and like you I'll be staying inside this week to try and beat the heat ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new BOM. Almost signed up for that one myself. I will be with you and stitching in the cool of the air conditioner this week. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your post, love the colours in your secret project..Warm Regards, O'faigh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Bertie's Year. I was so tempted to do it too, but this is supposed to be my year forUFOs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Berties year appliqué is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so many lovely projects... so pretty.... keep your cool this week... looks like it will be tough...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely just piecing this week in these temps! Look forward to seeing your project in print :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're a busy bee. So glad the weather will be cooler for our QCA meetup! See you then!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.