Sunday, January 5, 2014

Fabric festival

What a brilliant day. My favourite patchwork shop, Hetties patch is having a sale. 50% off a huge range of selected fabrics! and if you buy the end of the bolt it's $10 per metre. Look at my stash.

The pink one is cabbage roses, and this will back my swoon quilt. I bought the end of the bolt 5.7 metres there.

The rosebud one is 4.5 metres, no plans for it yet, but a pretty backing stash.

I loved the toile, end of the bolt on the black 3. 5 metres. How pretty is this. I am going to back the Michelle Hill quilt with this.

And I loved the lilac toile, but stopped myself and only bought a metre, can you see the cute bunnies. I have bought this before and used it in a nursery quilt. So that will just be tucked away.

I also grabbed this cute nursery panel, for some secret squirrel sewing. Not allowed to tell you ( yet). This was half price.

Then

.... Drum roll..... When I got home look what was in the mail. My fat quarter stack that I ordered to make the new Gail Pan Christmas quilt in.

And, yes there is more.

My aurofil threads also arrived, so now I can see what all the fuss is about

 

The range i chose was eye candy, as I tend to use, soft shabby chic colours in most of my sewing. I am going to use them to quilt my swoon quilt with. These were 40% off at the fat quarter shop, so even with postage a bargain.

The happy colours was a donation from the very generous Fq shop that my bloggy friend Sue Preece won. I will be catching up with her soon to deliver her prize in person.

Now I have all of this backing fabric, and lovely new quilting thread I have no excuse to get some of those UFO' s done.

Better go, I have some serious sewing to do.

 

3 comments:

  1. Love all your goodies but especially the fats for the Gail Pan Quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your goodies but especially the fats for the Gail Pan Quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.