Sunday, December 8, 2013

My week in stitches

This weekend has been spent celebrating so not a lot of stitching going on, my grandson Mitchell turns four on 13th December and his mummy was 30 on Friday so on Saturday we had a joint birthday party for them. I forgot my camera, so sorry no pics.
I did however manage to get the penguin quilt quilted, so just the binding to go. All over stipple, shadow quilting around the snowflakes and penguins, and I tried a more longer quilting on the snow, as I had seen this method used on quilts for sky and grass, I like now it looks, I used a soft grey thread to match the grey dots which is the more dominating colour.


Tonight relaxing watching a movie I managed to finished the April stitchery on a year of blooms BOM.


Here are the first four

Now to do one row in the row along, then back to some quilting in the floral sampler wall hangings.
Have a great week everyone. quilted hugs, Sue

7 comments:

  1. Love the penguin quilt and of course I always admire a little stitching.
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue - your penguin quilt will be super cute when it's finished, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The penguins are so cute, cannot wait to see them all finished. The stitcheries look lovely, nice mix of background fabrics...you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always keep busy on some wonderful projects Sue.
    Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice quilting on the penguin Quilt...
    Your stitcheries look great I am still working on one....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.