Sunday, December 15, 2013

My Sunday sewing

It is certainly the busy time of the year, starting with my work Christmas party Thursday evening. Then we took mum and dad out for dinner as a pre Christmas treat as they will be on a cruise over Christmas, and last night it was a lovey catch up dinner with so friends at the windy point restaurant. One of Adelaide's best views perched high in the amount lofty ranges with an amazing sunset view.
So today was pretty much the first chance I for to do any sewing this week. First I did my 6 inch block swap done so I could go on with my projects.
Then I did block 3 of my new First Ladies BOM which was actually two blocks.
Here is how things are looking so far....


Block one was the large centre block
Block two was the four corner stars and block three was the two with blue backgrounds that I stitched today. All of the smaller blocks measure 9 inches

This is what the completed quilt will look like
I have never made a quilt in reproduction fabrics,which is why this quilt appealed to me.


Now I am settling in for the night to finally stitch the binding on the penguin quilt, 
so I will have a December finish.
Have a lovely week
Xxx

4 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt and your. Blocks look great..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent seen this quilt pattern before, looks nice a BOM looks like a good way to tackle it, will look lovely finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Off to a good start. I'm not a fan of the reproduction prints (I think its the colours, I prefer brights) but your blocks are looking lovely. Have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.