Wednesday, December 4, 2013

All pinned and some help please.

The penguins have eyes, and the quilt is pinned ready to be quilted. So guess what I will be doing over the next few days.

So where to next....

I have been giving my UFO's a lot of thought, and will be planning an attack on them as we move into 2014.

Here is the first cab of the rank. Michelle Hills Adelaide floral sampler, done as a BOM in 2011. I don't really know why this is a UFO, all of the appliqué is done, I have the border fabric ready to go how hard can it be to just finish it.

But you know what, I don think I like the idea of a black quilt. I don't do black. Also, looking at the original the quilting details is very detailed and I want to give this justice, so here is my idea.

There are 9 blocks in total, so I could make three wall hangings. With the size I could easily manoeuvre them on my domestic machine and do some nice detailed quilting. Or make two, with three matching cushions.

What do you think? Is this a waste - should I make the quilt? I would love to know what you think.

 

5 comments:

  1. Its more of a waste if its just sitting around not being anything! I need to keep reminding myself of this. Do what you want with them. Showcase the work you put into them and you will love it when you are done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the idea of wall hangings or even cushions, but only if they match your decor, otherwise they might not see the light of day? If they dont match your house then I would make the quilt. I think the hardest thing sometimes is to work with colours that are not "you" but quilting with black thread on a black background is actually very hard to see....if you do make the quilt you could try using a thread that is a different colour, not orange (!) but a purple or dark green (what ever compliments the colours in the applique), that might help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with De, and agree that it will be much easier to move the quilt through your machine if you are working on smaller pieces, you will be able to do some nice detailed quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh I htink those blocks are beautiful but I do understand about the black.... I think you just need to make them up into something you will use....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these blocks. What if you did it as QAYG and then assemble the quilt?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.