Sunday, November 3, 2013

New projects

My treat to myself for getting a few UFO's done and dusted was to start some new projects, but hey, why just stop at one.

First up is this cute little penguin quilt that was in last months Homespun magazine, as soon as I saw this I knew I had to make it, or at least my version. For quite some time I have had a stack of bunny hill blue fat quarters with no project to use them on..... Until now that is. I have also used up a bit of vintage modern left over from a previous projects as I wanted a bit of red in the quilt to cheer it up.


I plan to play with my go baby, as I have a snow flake die, and put snowflakes in the void above these little critters, I still also need to give them eyes. Then above the red stripe wil be the stars that are on the original design. I am going to make this only with fabrics in my stash so I will only have one penguin panel, as I only had enough of the pale blue print for one.

My next new project started with a query on my Etsy shop, to make a dachshund quilt similar to the poodle one I had for sale on there. I thought it would be a fun quilt to make anyway and a good excuse to use the scrumptious new Bonnie and Camille layer cake.

And here is my planned colour layout, with my pretty blue thongs and blue nail polish for good measure.


Ironically, the day this lady asked if I could make her a dachshund quilt, I sold the poodle one on Etsy, how funny is that.

I can't show you my other mini project yet, as it's a surprise Christmas postcard for a swap,
Well, I better get cutting out dachshunds..
Stay tuned, and have a lovely week, quilted hugs, Sue x

6 comments:

  1. thos e penquines look such fun xx hope to see them when they have eyes xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great starters happening there...and a fab way to reward ones self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such cute little penguins ... and your dashhounds will look lovely...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those penguins Sue,you are so clever.xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.