First was my trapunto pillow on Friday. ( previous post).
Friday night sewing with friends I made block one of my new First Ladies BOM. Lots of careful trimming of the HST's gave me perfect points. This is the centre block in the quilt and is a massive 26 inches square.
After this was done the night was still (relatively ) young so I settled in for a movie with some hand stitching. I managed to get block 3 of a year of blooms done.
This is a BOM designed by Wendy of sugarlane quilts. Wendy also co hosts sew it's finished, and if you complete one UFO a month you get sent a block pattern for this BOM. I have now completed the first 3, and block 4 is drawn up ready to go.
The other weekly block activity I have been joining in is quilt experiment which is part of quilt club Australia a face book group that I belong to. Each week they put up a design and you interpret it any way you like. It's incredible to see how different the blocks all look done in different colours.
I used up a fat quarter set I had in my stash called bare foot roses, and after completing 12 blocks decided that it was enough to put into a quilt. Here it is all done - or at least the flimsy is.
I quite like it the way it is without any additional borders, I have. I have more of the solid green to bind it in. But first, it's off to the shop as I am out if batting.