Sunday, October 20, 2013

Productive weekend

I have managed to get oodles of sewing done this weekend, let me show you.
First was my trapunto pillow on Friday. ( previous post).

Friday night sewing with friends I made block one of my new First Ladies BOM. Lots of careful trimming of the HST's gave me perfect points. This is the centre block in the quilt and is a massive 26 inches square.


After this was done the night was still (relatively ) young so I settled in for a movie with some hand stitching. I managed to get block 3 of a year of blooms done.


This is a BOM designed by Wendy of sugarlane quilts. Wendy also co hosts sew it's finished, and if you complete one UFO a month you get sent a block pattern for this BOM. I have now completed the first 3, and block 4 is drawn up ready to go.


The other weekly block activity I have been joining in is quilt experiment which is part of quilt club Australia a face book group that I belong to. Each week they put up a design and you interpret it any way you like. It's incredible to see how different the blocks all look done in different colours.

I used up a fat quarter set I had in my stash called bare foot roses, and after completing 12 blocks decided that it was enough to put into a quilt. Here it is all done - or at least the flimsy is.




I quite like it the way it is without any additional borders, I have. I have more of the solid green to bind it in. But first, it's off to the shop as I am out if batting.

6 comments:

  1. YOu got lots done Sue.Love your big block, beautiful. The stitcheries are lovely too as is the quilt top. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely lovely blocks and stitcheries....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy girl.
    Love the sew it's finished blocks... I think I have lost a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just started following you , love your work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you have been productive. I really like the idea of one super large block for the centre of a medallion, or are you going to repeat the same block...at that size, four would be big enough for a top! Love the pink and green combo, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, you got a lot done ;-) loving the stitcheries and that First Ladies BOM block is devine ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.