Saturday, October 12, 2013

New projects

As mentioned in my last post, I have signed up for two new BOM’s.  The first one ins through the Fat Quarter shop as I thoroughly enjoyed the Vintage modern quilt I made via a BOM with them last year ( note to self, still need to take that one to the quilters).

This time I opted for a Medallion style quilt as its been ages since I have done one like that ( years in fact).  This one is called First ladies and is using civil war style fabrics – another first for me.


FirstLadiesBOM-450[1]

Block one arrived in the post yesterday.  Its the complete centre star up to ( but not including the dark blue border.  So I will make a start on that soon.  But first I promise to put together Girls day out as all of the stitchery on that has now been completed. 


The other BOM that I have signed up for is another first for me as its made with felt and wool.  It is  an applique and stitchery one made up of 12 monthly seasonal pictures featuring Bertie the bird.
 I think it is super cute and really looking forward to this new stitchery project.


BertiesYear_collage2

This BOM is from Shabby fabrics and my first block should arrive some time in December. You can see a few of the blocks pictured  on the button above, but below are some of my favourite ones

7_July_cropped
6_June_cropped

On a Professional level ( not sewing related) some of you may know that I am a Leasing agent for a high profile real estate company in Adelaide.  Last night was our Industries annual awards, a spectacular night held at the Adelaide Entertainment centre.  We came away with 7 awards, such as top large office, top marketing, top innovation which was an amazing effort, but the BIG win for us was Property Management Agency of the Year, which is the Team that I work in. 

Here I am proudly displaying our award.
1393950_10201682999570378_2016513690_n
We manage over 1 billion dollars worth of Real estate in Adelaide, with a staff of around 20.  I am a Business Development manager with the company primarily working in the high end with Interstate and International relocation's.  This is the biggest award that I have ever been involved in winning.

8 comments:

  1. Love your new BOM's. Ive just signed up for a new one starting in January. I cant wait, its using wool, felts and a lot of embellishment and stitching. Well done last night. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new BOMs are gorgeous!! I've got a couple of good oldies that I've recently signed up for (Cinderberry Stitches' Tail Feathers, and Berries & Bluebirds ... in addition to the B.F.F. BOM I'm already working on :) ). I look forward to seeing these two grow over the months (yours, lol!)!! ... Also congratulations on last night's winnings!! Your company did amazingly well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your award. Love your new projects

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats Sue... well done to all of you....
    love your BOM's.... will be fun watching them grow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely BOM's look forward to seeing them. Congratulations on the award. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on receiving the award Sue. Looking forward to seeing your new projects develop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on your award!! gosh you must be a busy lady!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.