Sunday, October 13, 2013

girls day out flimsy completed

A huge sigh of relief, as this has been a long slow (but enjoyable) process, but I am pleased to say the flimsy is done with the borders added today.

I have popped the buttons on for the photography, just to see the overall effect but will stitch them in place once the quilting is completed.

I decided not to add all the extra flowers and embellishments on as I am not a fan of it being so busy, I quite liked it just the way it is.


Here are some close up shots so you can see the cute buttons.

The centre block was meant to have a dove on the roof, but being Australian I purchased a galah instead.


Love the pram

So now it sits in my too be quilted pile, it's in good company. 
 As this is not an overly large quilt, I think I will tackle this one myself.

9 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I love galahs and think that was a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks great Sue. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing job Sue. I'm stuck at block 5. Love the colors you have chosen

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Sue this is gorgeous,i am still trying to finish my SKOW before i tackle this one.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful. Love the moda fabric you used.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's so lovely... so many beautiful blocks.... well done you...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely, I'm with you on stopping where you did. The buttons are a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on your finish. Now can I send you mine :o)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.