Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Having a hoot

I am pleased to report that I have finished my owl quilt for a custom Etsy order, so it's back with my own sewing tasks again

I just love the spot fabric that I found to back this with, it reminds me of a big box of smarties. Yum.

I have also caught up with the quilt experiment blocks 
( via quilt club Australia) a face book group that I belong to.

Ohio star
Sunray
And grey goose

So my next plan is to quilt my Christmas swap quilt, make another swoon block and work on my jelly roll hearts some more.

All of this as I anxiously wait for lock one of a new BOM that I am starting in civil war fabrics, which I have not used before, and I have also ordered Lori Holts new book to make her cute row along quilt.
So the UFO pile continues to grow

6 comments:

  1. Love your owl quilt! The owl fabric on the border is just perfect and I like your 'smartie' backing too. Only problem is now I feel like a Smartie or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owl quilt is just perfect and so happy! I want one now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous owl quilt. Love the blocks. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a lovely bright quilt! lovely work Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your owl quilt is very very cute. Love your blocks. You have lots of things on the go, look foward to seeing them when they are finished. hugs......

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.