Sunday, August 18, 2013

Playing with scraps

Today was my sons birthday, it was an early start with nana babysitting duties, calling for Dora the explorer on tv, and toast in tummies. Then we all went out for brunch at 10 at the Espy, ( to the locals), or the esplanade hotel, Brighton, right on the sea front. A lovely cooked breakfast was enjoyed from the cosy interior looking out to a stormy sea and driving rain.


I have managed to bring a touch of sunshine inside with these gorgeous daffodils. When I purchased them on Friday they were all in Bud, but how beautiful are they now they have opened.

Once everyone went about their day, I enjoyed the afternoon tucked away in my sewing room. First I worked on my jelly roll heart quilt completing the first quarter. I have to say its getting easier now I have the hang of how it all goes together, like a jigsaw puzzle.


While i was working in this I was under close supervision from Joey.


Then I started a new little project playing with my scraps, starting with little log cabin style bird houses.


 I will make a mini quilt wall hanging.
I have not even made a dent In these.


Now it's time to settle in for the evening with a spot of stitchery, and hope there is something decent to watch on television. How did everyone else spend their Sunday?

10 comments:

  1. Oh Sue....so inspiring..everything's so gorgeous! I worked on a challenge piece for our quilt guild quilt show this week....nothing like working under pressure!!! LOL
    xox sugary hugs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those scraps you are working with especially the bird houses.
    After taking DH to a Vietnam Veterans Day I went for a walk and then come home and sewed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bird houses Sue. They look so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how adorable are those birdhouses.... and your hearts look great in a group....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hearts are looking gorgeous. Lovely fabric range. I do like your birdhouses.I am sure scraps multiply whenever we try to use some up. The supply never seems to diminish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Joey looks a stern taskmaster! We had a trip up to Murray Bridge to visit my in-laws (so foggy and wet in the hills on the way and windy up in the Bridge) but managed to squeeze a tiny bit of sewing in on my August UFO project when I got home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hears are looking great. Love those bird houses. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely scrappy ideas you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All gorgeous Sue. My Sunday was some sewing and then tree lopping with hubby, the sewing part was my favourite. Unfortunately we still have over half the trees to still cut back. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sue, you are doing some tricky looking sewing at the moment! How lovely to have grandie time - would the Espy be the pub where Rockwiz is filmed? Good luck with the hearts

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.