Friday, August 9, 2013

Pink Liquorice

Last night I finished pink liquorice jelly roll quilt.  I used a "shades of black” jelly roll along with some pink and some white from my stash.  I did not use all of the jelly roll strips up in the quilt, so have put them aside for a future project.


IMG_0031

The quilt is made up with two blocks, which I alternated the greys and blacks to get a pleasing look.

IMG_0033

I quilted this in a featherlike design between the blocks and on the border and then shadow quilted around each block design. It is bound in the same pink that is used in the blocks.

IMG_0034

The backing is a simple cream sheeting that I have in abundance.  
If you look closely you can see the design of the quilting. 
 It was a good opportunity for me to practice my feathers. 
IMG_0036

4 comments:

  1. What a great quilt! I had wondered why they made single coloured jelly rolls, now I know how to use one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such gorgeous colours used Sue ,what a beautiful quilt,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.