Sunday, August 4, 2013

My week in stitches

This week I managed to get all of my block swap obligations sewn. I like to get them done early so I can concentrate on my sewing tasks.

Firstly I have put together pink liquorice and started fm quilting between the blocks in feathery style loops.


I have finished all the white space between the blocks, so now just need to do the borders.


Here is how it looks on the back, this view gives you a better idea of the design.


Today, I stitched block 4 in quilt experiment, this weeks block is shoo fly. The challenge for me was I am making my blocks 10 inches, and all of the patterns I could find we're 12 inch, so I had to switch my brain on.


I also made another swoon block, it's been a few weeks since I have made one of these, I think this one is my favourite so far.


8 comments:

  1. you do such lovely work Sue.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilting Sue..
    Beautiful blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did those feather loops in between the blocks... so effective.. and lots of lovely blocks...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another productive week at Casa Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your FMQ is great! Love the black,pink n white combo, very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your projects Sue - the colors in swoon block are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so clever, everything you sew is fabulous

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.