Sunday, July 14, 2013

Quilters club

Some time ago I joined a Facebook quilting club, and each state has regular catch ups. Today I attended my first one and finally got to meet some of the lovely ladies that I have been chatting with for six months.

It was held at Pips house, and she spoiled us with three choices of home made soup for lunch, as well as yummy morning and afternoon tea.

Of course we had show and tell, I just loved this Christmas quilt.

And lots of chatting, i learnt the secret of how to do quilt as go quilts, so there is another one for the to do list.

Here is the photo of all of us after lunch.

Pip let us look Into her amazing sewing room, which gave me a better idea for my room, so look what I did when I got home.
 

I moved my cutting table away from the wall into a kind of island bench, so now I have more freedom, and seemingly more space.

After that was all done, I put the finishing touches to my winter mini. I am really happy with how it turned out.

 

 

14 comments:

  1. what fun to be able to meat up xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to spent time with our stitching friends. Some lovely show and tell.
    Your sewing room looks great.
    Hmm! Gorgeous Winter Mini. Wonder where it,s going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were busy when you got home, good idea to move your cutting table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a bit group of you.. it is fun getting together and sharing ideas... love your mini...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always fun meeting up with friends for a fun time of sharing isnt it. Your room looks so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was very jealous of Pip's sewing room. I should have taken a photo of her design wall for future reference! Another great meet up was had by all and it was good actually meet you in the flesh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Sue your sewing space looks fabulous. How fantastic to finally catch up with blogging friends, you all look as if you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you have adapted the stitchery to use! Hope you are feeling better now. Always great to meet up with blogging/internet buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a great day. Love your Winter mini. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looked like a great way to spend the day!
    Love your "winter" mini too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a wonderful time - would you post the name of the facebook group for others to join?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The face book group is called Quilt club Australia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad your feeling better Sue and how wonderful to meet up with facebook buddies! Love the winter mini quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.