Sunday, July 21, 2013

On my Design Wall

After finishing the acorn lane wall hanging, I was able to get back to my own projects. Currently on my design wall is pink liquorice, an adapted version of a jelly roll quilt called liquorice sticks, which I have added hot pink into the mix. As you can see I still need to make one more tulip block,and then three more of the rolling stone blocks.


I am also working on swoon, but have not made a block in over a week. Here are my first four.


And last but not least I have drawn up block one of the Day of blooms free BOM that is designed by the lovely Wendy from sugarlane quilts. 

Wendy co hosts "Sew its finished" and you get emailed a block to make for every month that you complete a UFO. I have chosen to use a layer cake in the pretty field notes range by blackbird designs as I think it will compliment the floral stitcheries beautifully.


Before I start this stitching I have block 9 of girls day out to finish, I plan to make a huge dent in that tonight.

6 comments:

  1. You have been busy Sue. Love the pink, black and grey quilt blocks. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink with the black and white! Great name for them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love those swoon blocks, think I had better make one....will put it on next years wish list, got to finish some UFO's this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh goodie, another blogger with a load of different projects...
    I do love them all...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sewing. I'm going to embark on my Swoon project soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pink and black quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.