Friday, July 5, 2013

Lemon liquorice

I have just finished stitching the binding on my new block swap quilt tonight, and this one I am keeping for me...... I just love it.

It's made from blocks collected in QBSA, my request was any block in contemporary prints in yellow, black, grey and white.

The border fabric has little feathers on it, and it is bound in black with a grey tone on tone pattern. I quilted it all over in a large stipple in a grey thread.

The quilt is backed in a pretty grey and lemon print, but I didn't quite buy enough so I made a centre panel in the same lemon as the peeper border, and put an orphan block in the middle that looks like it is meant to be there.

Did I mention that I love it....

 

8 comments:

  1. I can see why you are keeping your Lemon and Licorice quilt. All the blocks look great in your quilt. I need to think of. New block for the sap but can't think of one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no wonder you love it... fantastic...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really great. A yellow and grey quilt is on my list of quilts to make. Maybe one day it will happen especially now I know how nice your one looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt, I would be keeping it also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.