Monday, July 1, 2013

citrus selvedge runner

I decided to do a quick little project that had been in my head after I was inspired by looking at some of the amazing projects that are made with selvedge's.

Its incredible how useful and attractive these can be for decorating quilted items.

I simply sewed together strips of orange, yellow and bright green selvedge strips and cut them out into the shapes of lemons, limes and oranges.  (Freehand).  I then appliquéd them with machine blanket stitch onto a piece of fabric, added borders and quilted heavily around the fruit shapes.

I am really pleased at how effective the finished result is….

IMG_0005
I had a small piece of this Saffron Craig cut citrus fabric in my stash, perfect for the design.  I have also bound and backed the table runner in this print.

IMG_0003
IMG_0004

5 comments:

  1. So cute. Great use of selvedges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your salvages fruit look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely idea.... the selvages are great... add such texture and interest to your fruits...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great, I love your idea! Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.