Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Barefoot Roses

I am playing along with Quilt experiment with the Quilt club Australia, and face book quilting group that I belong to.

Each week a diagram of a different block is posted and you make it any size and any colour you want and then share this on the fb page.  Its really interesting to see how differently everyone interprets their block.

I chose to do mine in the shabby chic barefoot roses range of fabrics. 

I have had this set of FQ’s in my stash for about 6 months waiting for a project to inspire me to cut them up.

barefoot roses

This project is called Quilt experiment, and its now been running for two weeks.

Week one you had to make Kings crown, and I could not resist fussy cutting those beautiful roses for the centre square.

kings crown

Week two was Jacobs ladder, a good design to use the smaller rose print in the ladder squares.

jacobs ladder

I cant wait to see what block we get to make for week three.

This is sure going to be a pretty quilt.

8 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great. I just love that fabric line.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabrics you are using Sue. This quilt will be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They certainly are pretty blocks. Look forward to further updates. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Sue love these fabrics and your blocks look fantastic.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds fun and your colour choice is gorgeous...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.