Thursday, May 9, 2013

Ta dah! my pattern is done

I am delighted to say that I have finished writing my first ever quilt pattern.

I am yet to put the finishing touches to it ( photograph of the completed quilt) etc but the hard stuff is done.

Here is the completed flimsy  - don’t you love Josephine my cat peeking out from underneath.

Pinwheel flimsy

pinwheel 1

This is called perfect pinwheels and I am going to be selling it in my ETSY store as a PDF.  BUT  As its my 50th birthday in two weeks time I am giving away 5 patterns to the first 5 people to leave a comment on here (that would like a copy).

I just need to pin and quilt the top and photograph it properly and then the pattern is done.

This week I also did a little red work stitchery.  This is the centre block of a red work stitchery that I have from Teddlywinks

block 1 teddy Last but by no means least are two more stunning table runners from the table runner swap.

I love tumbling blocks and the very lucky Cathy received this one from Wendy, beautiful photography too from both of the ladies

002 (Medium)

And here is the pretty blue table runner that Cathy has sent to Wendy.

018 (Medium) (1)

15 comments:

  1. I would love the copy of your pattern Sue. It is lovely. The red work stitchery is very sweet. Love all the table runners. Sounds like you had a great swap. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    Love the quilt....how clever are you!!! I would love a copy of the pattern.
    Regards, Lyndell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lyndell, can you please email me or reply with your email address so I can send the pattern to you as your profile takes me to your google page and I could not find an email address on their. Thanks, Sue

      Delete
  3. So wonderful. I love your work.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also love a copy of your first pattern. Congratulations on this huge achievement. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sue,
    Of course I would like a copy! The quilt looks great!
    Hugz, Carin

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats Sue on your 1st of many designs i am sure.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Sue. How exciting for you publishing your first pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on your first pattern - many more to come I am sure ;-) Wendy's tablerunner has arrived and is just the perfect colours for my lounge ;-) I love Old Country Roses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your first pattern Sue...well done. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done you..... wonderful....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Sue, writing your first pattern is very daunting. It gets a bit easier the more you write. I'm sure there will be many more. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki, I tried to reply personally, but you dont have your email in your details :)

      Delete
  12. woohooo!!! so lovely to see your finished design Sue!!! Can't wait to see more from you!!! ;o) I absolutely love the runner Cathy sent me and she loves mine so it's a win-win!!!! thanks so much for a great swap!!!
    xox sugary hugs
    Wendy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that's wonderful Sue! Was it very difficult?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.