Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lovely stuff

I am pleased to show off the fat quarter shop mystery BOM flimsy finish.

Next summer I am redecorating my bedroom with new white plantation shutters in the bay window, repainting my chocolate feature wall in a duck egg blue, and stripping back my tallboy and bedside tables and redoing them in a distressed shabby chic finish. And when that's all done this quilt will go on the bed. It's quite large so I think I will send it to a long arm quilter rather than tackle it myself.

I love the pinwheel cornerstones

I have also had a play with some of the tumblers cut with my new go baby, and whipped up this fun table runner, using only a quarter of what I cut up, I didn't realise how many blocks I had actually done.

Last but not least, this thoughtful birthday gift arrived in the post today from Cathy, our gorgeous Christmas swap co ordinator. Thank you for this perfect gift, I love it x

 

 

10 comments:

  1. You've done a beautiful job on your mystery quilt Sue - looks great on your bed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks great. Your room is going to look amazing when it's all finished with that quilt on your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is gorgeous and your new decorating plans sound fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Mystery BOM is gorgeous and I would also have it done by a longarm quilter.
    Your bedroom will look fabulous when you get it all made over..
    The tumbler table runner looks really good. Great idea...
    Lovely birthday card and gift from Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your BOM is gorgeous and the tumbler runner looks great! thanks for the email letting me know my package had arrived safely - I am so glad you like it - it took a bit of investigation to see if you were a Crows supporter or a Port Power girl ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the quilt and it will be perfect with your reno plans... great runner - it's amazing how far scrap blocks go...
    Nice of Cathy to send you a fun gift...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your reno plans sound perfect for the quilt :o) well done on the finish. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. The mystery quilt is gorgeous and will look lovely when you get all the plans up and running in your bedroom. The table runner is very pretty. Hugs.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt looks lovely on the bed. Imagine how it will look once it's quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great quilt, definately the right size for the long armer! Love the table runner, what a great collection of fabrics, looks fab.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.