Friday, May 24, 2013

Go baby

My 50th birthday gift from DH was a Go Baby, which we purchased from a lovely bloggy friend that had one which she never used.

It arrived today and I was super excited to play with my new toy.

As you can see, it came with a large selection of dies such as flowers, hearts, birds, and stars. I was very pleased that the apple core and tumbling block dies were part of the collection as these were two that I really wanted to have to use up all of my scraps with.

Today I used up a good portion of my blue scraps, as this was the biggest scrap pile I had. In fact I had two of these tubs one with big blue scraps and fat quarters, and the other lots of smaller scrap bits, and I have converted them to one tub of scraps, and one tub of blue tumbling blocks.

I won't stitch these together tonight as I really would like to complete block12 of the FQS mystery BOM.

Then I can put this all together and complete it. I purchased the finishing (border) set and backing set when I first signed up for this BOM so there is no excuse for not getting it all done in a timely manner.

 

7 comments:

  1. You got a lot of extra bits there by the looks of it. Great birthday pressie, hope you had a lovely time away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun playing with your toy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you got some wonderful dies to go with it!! I also have the tumbler & apple core dies, with ribbon twist & chisels too ... I look forward to seeing your 2012 Designer BOM quilt finished off!! Sharon's looks fabulous & I know yours will too!! Happy (Belated) Birthday sweetie!! Enjoy your weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe! Happy (belated) Birthday!
    What a special & wonderful new gift!
    Smile...I know you will enjoy this!
    Looking forward to seeing you post what you make!
    Blessings~
    Lori USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will have fun... lucky to get so many dies with it...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. WooHoo Sue... lucky you...so go have some FuN!!!
    Your quilt will be awesome too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your Go Baby. You will get more use than I ever did. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.