Sunday, May 26, 2013

Fabulous fifty

As many of you know, last Thursday I celebrated my 50th birthday, and on Saturday night we continued the celebrations with a family dinner in a private dining room at a local hotel.

My gorgeous daughter Sheree took care of all of the arrangements, and my husband took care of the bill. ( Ha ha ) All I had to do was turn up, I did however get to select the menu and wines. Here is the room all set up, the staff did an amazing job.

Sheree ordered the cake from a local lady and all I can say is wow, it is so me. Didn't she do a fabulous job. Everything was edible, except of course the pins that are in the pin cushion. The cake was chocolate and served with raspberry coulis and cream.

One of my birthday gifts (from DH) was this gorgeous dress made by Adelaide designer Liza Emmanuel. It is a navy satin and I noticed on the label that the dress was made in Australia.

The dinner was family only, and I decided on a private room so all of my seven grandchildren could come and we would not upset other diners. The only exception to this was by best friend Deb, and her husband Peter.

Here is Leo ( in yellow) and Jack having a sneaky taste of the cake.

And here is my beautiful girl Sheree.

It was a lovely evening and everyone had a good time.

 

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful time Sue. Your cake was gorgeous. I would have hated cutting it up! Love the dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely Sue, looks like a wonderful way to celebrate a half century!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to finish off your birthday week. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! What fabulous celebrations and pressies! Love the cake, very clever and sounds yummy to boot. The Go Baby certainly has been put to good use, we were just discussing how apple core was one of those blocks you would make if you didnt have to hand cut them out - sounds like a Go is the go! Looking forward to seeing a picture of a finished tumbler quilt and apple core quilt on your blog soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Sue. What a wonderful cake. So glad you had a lovely night. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Sue. Welcome to the fabulous fifties. Awesome cake and wonderful celebration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Looks like you had a beautiful celebration with your wonderful family & friends. Everything looks gorgeous (especially your dress & wonderful cake).

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Looks like you had a beautiful celebration with your wonderful family & friends. Everything looks gorgeous (especially your dress & wonderful cake).

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely birthday party!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.