Friday, April 19, 2013

This weeks activities

I have been a busy bee all week, as you know on Monday I completed my Marmalade diamonds quilt.

I was asked by a friend (before Christmas) to make her my Hooterville owl quilt to give her sister when she has a baby, so I had to get a move on with that.  So here is the beginning, 16 appliquéd owls – I still have to give them eyes and feet.  This will be the third version of this quilt that I have made.

IMG_0022 For those of you that don't know, here is what the finished quilt will look  something like. 

hoot quilt[1]

I have also done some knitting on the cowl scarf that I am  making myself and here is how that it looking.  I actually got quite a bit done, and then counted the stitches and realised that it got narrower and narrower and I had lost about 15 stitches, so I had to unpick a good 20cm or so.

IMG_0025 IMG_0026 

My daughter has put her order for one in a rust colour way, so that on my list

There was also a lovely surprise waiting for me when I got home yesterday, a table runner from Jan in my table runner swap.  I am lucky and have two partners in this swap.  Look at the stunning grey and yellow contemporary runner Jan made for me, I think it looks great on my coffee table.

IMG_0023 If you have completed your table runner for this swap email me a pic and I will share it on my blog.

3 comments:

  1. I have just followed a link to here from BubzRugz, what a great blog you have Sue, and some wonderful projects happening too.
    I have Followed you so I can come visit again x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Owl quilt Sue. The knitted cowl looks lovely as well. The colours in your table runner are very nice, looks right at home on your table. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. the owls are lovely... and I laughed at your knitting... mine gets thinner too!!! haha.... lovely table runner from Jan... so effective
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.