Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sickie sewing

I have been battling a head cold for a few days and when the alarm went of this morning at 6.30am I could not get up for work.
So what does a girl do when she is home sick with a cold   ( between napping). well sew of course.
But first there were two fat parcels in my letterbox this morning. My table runner from Maria G had arrived, and it certainly put some sunshine into my day.

Maria G to me
And look at the pretty card, and envelope that came with it.
Thank you Maria, I love it. 

IMG_0056 
The other fat parcel was my BOM from the FQS, block 11 of the mystery BOM that I am doing with them.  So that gave me something to work on today, Only one more block to go in this 12 month, 12 block project. I love the pin wheel centre of this one

Block 11
I also finished the borders on my pinwheels quilt for the pattern that I am writing, here is how it is looking so far.  The cream borders look quite stark in the photos but they look better in reality, there is a lovely paisley tone on tone print on the fabric.  But for now I have to sit and await the parcel of border fabric that I have ordered to go on this before I can do any more work on it.

centre pin So now what next ?


THIS

jelly

I was lucky enough to win this gorgeous jelly roll at the Lets get stitched Adelaide quilting retreat and its one of my favourite designers – fig tree.  I have ordered the border fabric (with the pinwheel fabric order) so time to make a start on it.

I have made this sampler quilt twice before and love it, my most recent one was in French General, but my first one was butterscotch and roses for my MIL’s birthday gift and its one of my all time favourite quilts.
But first, some more panadol and a cup of tea.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely table runner that you received!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous goodies on display here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely table runner and great projects happening here. I am still waiting on block 11 ... any day now maybe then I should make up the last few and be ready to finish this one off :o) Hope you feel better very soon. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Sue!!! You're an inspiration!! Really!!! Sick with a head cold and still able to manage to get this much done!!! I've had tonsilitis for the last almost-week and I've been able to get ... not much at all done!! All I want to do is sleep, regardless of all the things I know I need to get done, are due (and overdue, really). My chest still feels full & tight, and my head, like I've got a hangove, and I' wondering how the heck it will be 1st May tomorrow, when I am feeling like I have no idea when it even became April :/ ... Hoping you are feeling better soon!!! ... Can you send some of that get-up-and-go up here? Could really use some!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sewing even when you are not well..... love your table runner and I'm sure that made you feel a lot better....
    I have a sampler quilt on my list.... must get to it soon... GET WELL SOON.............
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon. Lovely table runner from Maria. Gorgeous FQS block and the pin wheel ones you are making. You have been busy. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not bad for a sick girl. You've acomplished a lot.
    I hope you are feeling better by now.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely table runner you received from maria..
    You got lots done on your Sickie Day...
    Nice win too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely table runner. I hope you're feeling better soon Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you feel better today, Sue! There's some lovely work you have on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad that the runner arrived safely, Sue! Poor you...so sorry to hear that you've been unwell; hope you feel better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems ages since I've visited Sue... so I was sorry to hear about the sneezes you have. Hope you have a quiet day today... a nanna nap is ALwaYs on the cards but enjoy any stitching you get to do!
    Hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.