Monday, April 1, 2013

My Easter

What a busy weekend I have had, with the highlight today being a family BBQ at home with all of the Grandies ( yep all 7 of them came for lunch).

On Friday DH and I had a lovely seafood lunch with some friends.  On Saturday we got up at 5am to get to the gates of the Oak bank races at 6.30 am for a cooked breakfast in the car park.  It was a lovely day relaxing with a group of friends,  We have been to the Oakbank races every year for 21 years and in all of that time only missed one because that year we holidayed on the Gold Coast at Easter.

Yesterday was my Dads birthday, and dad loves curry, so I spent the day cooking him a feast and enjoyed an evening meal with mum and Dad last night to celebrate his birthday.

And today was Grandchild day.  My daughter Sheree ( Auntie Sheree), is the only of our kids with out babies (yet) and she made her nieces and nephews the cutest bunny Easter baskets for an Easter egg hunt.  The pics say it all.

IMG_0085Paige finds some eggs in the HydrangeasIMG_0086 Leo proudly shows a bunny that he has found.

IMG_0087

Look Mitchell, there is an egg in the bush

IMG_0088

Jack found some in with the pansies

IMG_0089 Ziva found one in the mint

IMG_0090 Look at the baskets that Sheree made ( blue for boys and pink for the girls)

IMG_0091  Say Cheese Jack IMG_0092 It was a fun day, and now they have all gone home I can relax

On the sewing front – well, there has hardly been any.  I have almost completed block 6 of the GDO quilt, and have drawn up and completed the appliqué on block 7 ready for stitching this weekend. 

I have also pinned my Marmalade diamonds quilt ready for quilting, and I have cut the binding ready to stitch onto the little sailboats quilts so there are two quilts almost ready to tick of the UFO pile.

I have started knitting my scarf as well – while I was relaxing at Oakbank.

5 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like you had a marvellous Easter weekend!!! Ours was lovely and quiet at home. Grandad (Dad) made up 3 boxes of Lego with Miss L (admittedly two were smaller kits that 'go with' the bigger box ... they went and picked them out on Saturday together!), so she thoroughly enjoyed that. Wishing you a lovely short week at work :) hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a wonderful Easter. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a lovely day with your beautiful family!
    Blessings~
    Lori USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely weekend with Family, and such a fun Easter egg hunt for the Grandies. We had 5 of our 7 Grandies here for Saturday night's dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you all had a great time. Cute grandkids there. hugs

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.