Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hooterville flimsy completed

Its a very very wet and cold day in Adelaide today,  a good day for sewing.

However before I shut myself away in the sewing room I did do a spot of gardening.  Dad gave me a whole box full of agapanthus from his garden to plant in an area where I cant seem to get anything to grow. (The cats think this part of the garden is their toilet)

So, as it was raining lightly I took my cue to go and dig.  I got so muddy, and then the heavens opened up again and I got soaked to the skin.  But I did get them into the ground.  With the heavy rains today they should live x fingers anyway. IMG_0033 I am pleased to say that I have finished the Hooterville flimsy, this quilt always makes me smile, and its fun to make and I get to use lots from my scrap bin.

Hooterville 3 As we don't’ know if baby will be a boy or a girl I have done it very neutral.  I am going to take a break from it for the rest of the day and work on something else, but will try to get it pinned and quilted during the week.

Here is a close up close hoot

9 comments:

  1. Very cute quilt. I am impressed you can make the same pattern more then once, I have a low threshold for that, but it is a lovely baby pattern. I should have planted/moved some plants in the garden, but decided they can wait, hopefully its better weather tommorow, but the rain has been nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This top is FABulous Sue!!! I really love all the colour in it - perfect for either a boy or a girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute quilt. well done. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those owls xx Fingers crossed for your plants xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another amazing quilt. The fabrics are perfect for either a boy or a girl.w ell done nanny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The owls make up such a cute quilt. I just LOVE it! Well done. xx Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous top, the colours are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.