Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hoot Hoot Hooterville & some table runners to share

I planned to work on this quilt in Friday night with friends, but instead I took advantage of my hubby being planted in front of the TV watching the Anzac day football matches and spent the day in my sewing room.
IMG_0039I am so pleased that I changed the border fabric over to this cheerful green print, so much so that I plan a trip back to the fabric store to get a couple of meters more of this just to keep in my stash for the next time I am asked to make one of these quilts. (this is version #3). 
IMG_0040
Here is a close up of my favourite tree.  I love the bird print that I used on this one. I backed it with a lime green flannel to make it nice and snuggly and used a multi colour stripe for the binding.
IMG_0043
Last night Jack popped in for tea (with mummy and baby Nate) and it gave me the opportunity to give him his sail boat quilt.  He looks pretty pleased with it.
IMG_0033 And last but by no means least, Here are a few of the table runners that have been made and sent
This one was made by Teresa for Maria
Teresas runnerAnd I am not allowed to tell you who the lucky recipient of this one is (yet)
IMG_0440 And this one was made by Janet for Kelly
Janets runner
This is what Fiona received from Sharon 

FionasPlease let me know when you have sent and / or received your runner so I can mark you off as completed on my roll call.  Also would love to see the pics so please email them to me to share.

6 comments:

  1. This is really lovely.
    Grit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt has come up beautifully with the new border fabric Sue. I think this is a great choice. It is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks gorgous, especially love the lime green! I think flannel for backing kids quilts is a great idea, I am going to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That fabric is fantastic! Buy lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your owl quilt is gorgeous - bet you are thrilled with it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue...Traci and I have both made and received our tablerunners...Thanks for a great swap!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.