Friday, March 1, 2013

Ric rac orama

I managed to get to Spotlight today and purchased some GIANT ric rac to enable me to complete my SKOW cushion

Oh the dramas – I can not get the corners right on this, and have unpicked and restitched and un picked and top stitched more times than I care to mention so that's it, it is staying like it is.  So there is no close up, and on first glance it looks ok.

IMG_0004 Here is a close up of the appliqué and stitcheryIMG_0005But yay, this is my first finish for March, on the first of the month

I have the other cushion to complete for mum, but I bought some bobble trim as they did not have any more giant ric rac in the colours I needed, so lets hope I have more luck on the corners with that.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful work.

    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Sue - I love the tonings of this cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, I am sure your Mum will love it. I have giant ric rac, but hadnt found the right project for it (aka had no idea what to do with it) and now I know - the effect is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely Sue, I just bought SKOW yesterday looking forward to doing projecs. I will be fore warned about ric rac thoguh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cushion... and I know what you mean about that ric-rac it drove me crazy on a project that I just didn't add it in the end xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.