Sunday, March 3, 2013

Henrietta’s Whiskers completed

This appliqué and stitchery quilt was a free BOM by Bunny Hill designed  that I started some time early in 2011.  I actually completed the top mid last year but never got around to turning the flimsy into a quilt – but it was on my TO DO list for this year, and as a promise to myself I can only start a new quilt if I finish one of my UFO’s.

IMG_0008T
his quilt is made in warm autumn colours of oranges, greens and reds in keeping with the theme – squirrels and crows and pumpkins. I used a mixture of French General and thimbleberry fabrics with a mix of some others in my stash.

Here are a few close up pics of some of the blocks

IMG_0012




 






IMG_0010



IMG_0015












IMG_0011











The upper and lower borders and backing fabric feature little acorns and leaves  which is the perfect fabric to match the theme.  I have also put a hanging sleeve on as this would make a nice wall hanging for autumn so I have finished it just in time for the season.

IMG_0017

There are a few buttons stitched on such as the wooden acorn leaves in the crows beaks, and a glossy ceramic heart – as well as trim on some of the squirrels collars.

Now I can cross this off my UFO list. – YAY !

5 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Sue! And in perfect time for your autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, I wonder what newbie you'll begin to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fantastic Sue...you will enjoy this one for many years I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.