Monday, March 11, 2013

A stitch a day

Keeps the blues away…..
This is the name of the pretty project bag designed by Fiona Ransley  Designs by Fee that was one of the gift patterns that was in our goodie bag on the “Lets get stitched” quilting retreat held in Adelaide last weekend.
I started this project at the retreat, and managed to get all of the 2.5 inch squares sewn together, as well as some of the stitchery started.  Today was a public holiday in Adelaide, and even though we managed to spend some time with all 7 of  our grandies, I still found time to complete this project.

IMG_0033

There was a charm pack in our goodie bag, that we could trade if it wasn’t to our taste, and I was able to trade to this lovely one by Fig tree, fresh cottons.  I just love how it turned out, and have already put my girls day out stitchery project in it.
I was not sure as the pattern did not say, but I sewed the sides up so its more like a large envelope.  I am certain that this is going to be a well used item.

IMG_0035

9 comments:

  1. That's a very handy way of storing a hand stitching project, easy to pick up and take with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great place to store your stitchery..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great bag to have, and beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new stitching bag is gorgeous Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WooHoo how NiCe is that!!! Perfect for carrying GDO pieces too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely little bag... and great choice for charms... so pretty...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect little bag, well done on getting it finished. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely bag Sue. Well done in getting it finished so quickly. Hugs.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks gorgeous - Well Done. Hugs Fee x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.