Wednesday, March 6, 2013

9 blocks down

and three to go……. in the fat Quarter shops mystery BOM.
After completing block 9 I added the extra row in so the job of constructing the quilt will not be so big when all 12 blocks are completed.  (Block 9 was one of the most complex so far ( bottom right corner), but my favourite is still block 1.
Whilst I was cutting fabric I also cut the border fabric ready to go on at the end. 
I love the vintage modern fabric range that has been used in this quilt such a lovely fresh colour way.  This quilt is going to be for me.
IMG_0002
Now I am about to do my block swap blocks, and then a new beginning.  I have two quilts ear marked to start, another Owl one for a friend who’s sister is having a baby and Fresh diamonds that I spotted on Samelias mums blog some time back that has been on my wish list.

Marmalade charms 
I plan to make this in the Marmalade charm packs and have them sitting in my stash ready to go.
HHmmm maybe I can start two quilts this week, after all one is not for me is it?

3 comments:

  1. My block 9 arrived today so when I'm up to it I will be caught up with you ;) I say go with the two starts ;) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours you are using Sue.
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt is lookin G-O-O-D! And yes why not have 2 starts... it's only 1 more...lol :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.