Monday, February 25, 2013

What have I been up to

As my computer has been away in the repair shop I have managed to get an incredible amount of sewing done.  It just goes to show how much time I spend blog hopping and the like.

On the hand sewing note I have completed the main component of block 5 on the Girls day out quilt-a-long.  There was quite a bit of stitchery on this one with the wisteria being all French knots, as well as a lot of work on the lace curtains and fence posts.

 IMG_0258 I also have made the top and back of two cushions from Some Kind of Wonderful with the patterns kindly sent to me by a friend after commenting on it on her blog.  I just need to construct the cushion, but first I have to shop for some giant ric rac.  One is for me, and the other will be for mum as its almost her birthday and I am planning a parcel of hand made goodies for her.

IMG_0259

I have also (almost) completed a finish, being my Henrietta’s Whiskers quilt.  All the piecing and quilting is done, I just need to stitch on the binding.

 IMG_0261

IMG_0260

7 comments:

  1. Everything is beautiful, I especially like the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been busy! All this and a new grandson, busy, busy, busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done incredibly well!! I am loving it all - the SKoW cushions are gorgeous in those fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how time goes when you venture into blog land! You've managed to get quite a bit done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been very busy. I love that SKOW pillow. I made one for a swap and have been meaning to go back and make another for me. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely sewing Sue.... it is amazing how much time our fun blogging takes... it is all social and literacy skills development!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely lot of projects Sue! Sharon made that beautiful SKOW cushion for me and I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are warmly welcomed. Every comment is read however sometimes life gets busy and I may not be able to reply to all comments although I do try to.